All of you who have been designing websites always wonder how your site looks like on another OS or another Browser. br> br>Some tools did came up and died down as it look too long for them to generate the preview images of your website. br> br>BrowseLab from Adobe is a great tool that comes to your rescue. br> br>
I will be speaking at the IxDA Interacation-08. On 10th Feb 2008, I will be speaking on the topic " New Interaction Model for a Modular Personal Infotainment System".
If anyone of you are visiting the event, let me know and we can plan to meet.
Released the latest wordpress 2.3 compliant theme "Squared".
Read more on the Squared page.
After a few days of dedicated effort, I have been able to publish a stable version of Flash-Blog.
The latest release takes care of most of the major bugs and a lot of other smaller bugs too.
1. Wordpress 2.0 is fully supported.
2. The comments are working.
3. Search is working.
4. category links and Archives also working.
One major problem so far has been the Dynamic text field in Flash. The formatting is a big issuue.
Another bug still unresolved is the one about which I blogged some time back. You can read about it here.
Do check out and if you happen to test the flash-blog, drop in your comments or feedback.
Today I am releasing a wordpress plugin which allows you to add microformat compliant resume to your wordpress blogs.
This version of the plugin is 100% compliant to hresume format.
This plugin uses NO extra DIV's or HTML tags to format the view of the resume in the browser.
You can see the plugin in action here.
Every formatting is done using style sheet, hence keeping the resume code untouched.
- Download the .zip file, Unzip and upload the wp-resume folder to your wordpress 'plugins' directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to, 'Options tab.' Here you will see a subtab called 'Configure Resume'. Click that to edit the contents of your resume.
- Create a new page, give it some title and add this code in the body of the page: <!--myresume-->
Thats it, now you should be able to view your resume on this newly created 'Page'.
Will like to get some views on this.
Update: August 7th 2006
- Added an admin feature to select 'US' or 'Other' address format.
- Resolved a IE bug. (there was some layout issue).
Thanks everyone for testing it and sending in your feedbacks. Keep them coming :).
Download here: Microformat Resume Plugin.
I have recently started using GMAIL as my pop-mail spam filter and its working great so far.
I used to check my pop-mails through web based system. I decided to centralise all of this and just use GMAIL. I feel GMAIL has a better SPAM filtering logic, and secondly I wanted to centralise all my emails.
The way I went about is, for my pop-mail, I went to the "C-Panel" and added a filter to sent all mails to '[email protected]' (an existing email adderss) to '[email protected]' (a non existing email address)
Now, in my GMAIL account, I created a "LABEL" to identify these emails and added a "FILTER" such that all email where "TO: contains [email protected]" should be 'applied the newly created label' and should 'skip inbox'.
This works like a charm for me.
- I check all my emails at one place.
- Storage capacity is not a problem as emails stay only in GMAIL box. Even if you own a 5MB webspace, no need to worry
- Even if your domain expires (for those lazy people like me), you still retain all your old emails.
- Take advantage of Googles Spam Filter.
- Probably many more advantages I havent figured out yet...
Today I successfully completed my first Wordpress Plugin.
This plugin adds a FLASH quicktag to the post window in the wordpress admin section.
- Adds a quicktag for adding FLASH .swf files
- When clicked, it prompts you to add: File Path, Width, Height and BG color of your flash movie.
- The Flash code added by the plugin is valid XHTML.
- Extract the files to your computer.
- A "flqt" folder will be created with two files : flash_quicktag.php and needplugin.gif
- Upload this "flqt" folder to your plugins folder inside the wordpress installation:
Default location is : yoursite/wp-content/plugins
- After uploading the files, login to your wordpress admin panel and activate the plugin.
- Now go to the POST page and you should see a new button added called FLASH.
- Adding a custom form to fill these details instead of prompts.
- Integrating a File Upload script, so that the user can select the file from their local hard drives.
Please feel free to contact me using preferably comments or else the contact form about any feature requests.
Flash Quicktag Plugin (updated: 31 Oct 2005)
note: Due to few people reporting some problem, I have changed the name of the function so that it does not clash with some other plugin which might be using same function name. Atleast I think that is the reason why some people are not able to view the Quicktag.
Can you try this new download and let me know if this works fine?.