Today I successfully completed my first Wordpress Plugin.
This plugin adds a FLASH quicktag to the post window in the wordpress admin section.
- Adds a quicktag for adding FLASH .swf files
- When clicked, it prompts you to add: File Path, Width, Height and BG color of your flash movie.
- The Flash code added by the plugin is valid XHTML.
- Extract the files to your computer.
- A "flqt" folder will be created with two files : flash_quicktag.php and needplugin.gif
- Upload this "flqt" folder to your plugins folder inside the wordpress installation:
Default location is : yoursite/wp-content/plugins
- After uploading the files, login to your wordpress admin panel and activate the plugin.
- Now go to the POST page and you should see a new button added called FLASH.
- Adding a custom form to fill these details instead of prompts.
- Integrating a File Upload script, so that the user can select the file from their local hard drives.
Please feel free to contact me using preferably comments or else the contact form about any feature requests.
Flash Quicktag Plugin (updated: 31 Oct 2005)
note: Due to few people reporting some problem, I have changed the name of the function so that it does not clash with some other plugin which might be using same function name. Atleast I think that is the reason why some people are not able to view the Quicktag.
Can you try this new download and let me know if this works fine?.