After a few days of dedicated effort, I have been able to publish a stable version of Flash-Blog.
The latest release takes care of most of the major bugs and a lot of other smaller bugs too.
1. Wordpress 2.0 is fully supported.
2. The comments are working.
3. Search is working.
4. category links and Archives also working.
One major problem so far has been the Dynamic text field in Flash. The formatting is a big issuue.
Another bug still unresolved is the one about which I blogged some time back. You can read about it here.
Download the latest release here.
Do check out and if you happen to test the flash-blog, drop in your comments or feedback.
Recently I have created a sourceforge project for my Flash-Blog. I decided to put the blog as an open source project.
I think this will help the further development and refinement of this work that I have started.
Currently I am preparing the documentation and cleaning up old stuff to make available for download.
An update on the developments:
- I have made the blog compatible with Wordpress 2.0
- I have also removed the need for modifying the core files by creating a wordpress plugin.
- A new logo has been designed which can be seen on the homepage of flash-blog. (still under construction)
If anyone is interested in joining hands, do let me know.
UPDATE (27th Nov. 2005):
The Flash Blog is on display.
Click the FlashBlog link in the left bar.
Commentting is not working properly at the moment.Its working now.
- You can explore rest of it.
- Best viewed with FireFox.
- If you want to comment about it, drop in a comment on this post.
- Completely powered by Wordpress.
- Commentting and Searching fully integrated.
- Email validation using PHP
- Two versions available, AS 1.0 and As 2.0
- AS 1.0 version is using XMLSA
- AS 2.0 version is using XPATH API
This time around, I am working on creating a complete Flash Interface for Wordpress.
Work is in progress and I should be ready to show the piece soon.
This has involved modifying some core 'Include' files and creating a complete 'Theme' file set and ofcourse the Flash Frontend.
The intension is to create both AS 1.0 and AS 2.0 compatible (two seperate versions). AS 1.0 is in progress and some work on AS 2.0 has started as well.
Almost all features on a standard blog will be available: Commenting & Searching included.